I have folded my sorrows into the mantle of summer night,
Assigning each brief storm its alloted space in time,
Quietly pursuing catastrophic histories buried in my eyes.
And yes, the world is not some unplayed Cosmic Game,
And the sun is still ninety-three million miles from me,
And in the imaginary forest, the shingles hippo becomes the gay unicorn.
No, my traffic is not addled keepers of yesterday’s disasters,
Seekers of manifest disembowelment on shafts of yesterday’s pains.
Blues come dressed like introspective echoes of a journey.
And yes, I have searched the rooms of the moon on cold summer nights.
And yes, I have refought those unfinished encounters. Still, they remain unfinished.
And yes, I have at times wished myself something different.
The tragedies are sung nightly at the funerals of the poet;
The revisited soul is wrapped in the aura of familiarity.
- hamletgotagun likes this
- thischarmlessgirl reblogged this from fuckyeahbeatgeneration
- thischarmlessgirl likes this
- anotherword likes this
- trolleywoods reblogged this from fuckyeahbeatgeneration
- swallowed-up likes this
- spectacularuniverse likes this
- behindthatgreendoor likes this
- interneiti likes this
- gointorosedale reblogged this from fuckyeahbeatgeneration
- areyoubluish likes this
- funkyspacereincarnation reblogged this from fuckyeahbeatgeneration
- moth-boy likes this
- fuckyeahbeatgeneration posted this